Las Vegas Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Learn How Las Vegas Bioidentical Hormone Specialist Treat Hormone Decline
Menopause can be a very physically, emotionally, and mentally challenging time for women as their bodies are making a transition into their non-reproductive years. However, this transition no longer has to be as difficult as it was in the past; women in Las Vegas now have the option to get to the root of menopausal symptoms. Hormone imbalances are usually the source of the physical and mental disruptions that occur during menopause, and when these imbalances are corrected, women can regain their health and balance. Las Vegas Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy gives women the option to use hormones that are identical in structure and function to the hormones produced in the human body to supplement hormonal imbalances.
Many factors can affect hormonal health, and while aging is the main influence on hormonal decline, stress can be the next biggest factor in hormonal balance. As women enter menopause, hormones are already beginning to decline, and because the ovaries are no longer able to produce adequate amounts of estrogen and progesterone, the primary female hormones, the adrenal glands are left with the responsibility of forming the body’s supply of sex hormones. When women are stressed out, the body is forced to secrete cortisol, and eventually, the body steals the building blocks for estrogen and progesterone in order to make more cortisol to deal with the stress.
Whether hormone imbalances are due to stress, aging, or lifestyle factors, women can feel out of sorts when experiencing hormonal imbalances, and symptoms such as weight loss resistance, water retention, bloating, fatigue, hot flashes, and night sweats may begin to occur. Contact a Las Vegas Menopause Specialist today and get back to a healthy state of being.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- When menopause occurs, estrogen may begin to outweigh progesterone, which can lead to estrogen dominance. The progesterone to estrogen ratio should be 200 to 1 because progesterone helps to balance the effects of estrogen. For many women, estrogen dominance happens with hormone imbalances, and this causes them to hold onto weight. While progesterone tells the body to burn more fuel, estrogen tells the body to hold onto more fat, which is why many women gain weight and cannot lose it during menopause.
- Water Retention
- During menopause, many women may feel fullness, distention, and heaviness in the abdominal area and feel that it is due to increased abdominal fat; however, belly fat has nothing to do with water retention. Women that are retaining water are most likely experiencing this symptom due to estrogen dominance. Progesterone helps the body to reduce water retention, and estrogen promotes keeping the water in the body.
- Bloating can be caused from poor digestion, unhealthy foods, gas, or estrogen dominance. When a woman feels chronically bloated during menopause, chances are it is due to an imbalance between progesterone and estrogen. She may also notice that her ankles and feet are swollen as well. This may be due to a lack of progesterone because it helps the body to let go of water by promoting urination.
- Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
- Hormones play a large role in the vasomotor response, and when women are going through menopause, temperature fluctuations are the common result of estrogen imbalances. Hot flashes or night sweats can come on at any time; however, they most commonly occur at night and may be followed by cold chills afterwards. Nighttime heat and morning coolness are common symptoms with imbalances, but balanced hormones can help to regulate body temperature and reduce variations.
- One of the most debilitating symptoms during menopause can be fatigue, which can make it hard to women to get out of bed in the morning, and many women feel a lack of mental and physical motivation in the pursuit of daily activities. The body’s main sex hormones, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone all affect energy levels, and when they are out of balance, mental and physical energy can be adversely affected. Hormonal fluctuations may also affect neurotransmitters that influence feelings of calmness and wellbeing, which can demote energy levels as well.
Las Vegas Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs can help women to regain balance and eliminate aggravating and unpleasant symptoms that occur during menopause. Women can gracefully overcome the challenges that occur with hormone imbalances and move forward into optimal states of health and wellness.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can transform the way you look & feel – for good. Contact a Las Vegas Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and get back to being you.
Find Local Las Vegas Menopause & Female Hormone Specialists Near You